- NC Botanical Gardens – Located on UNC’s campus, the NC Botanical Gardens has over 1,000 acres of display gardens and natural areas. There are nature trails and an education center. Admission is free to the public.
- UNC Campus - UNC-Chapel Hill is the original school of the UNC system, the oldest public University in the country. There is a large lawn to sit on and you can grab food and sweets from any number of places on Franklin Street. Certainly take your picture at the famous “Old Well.” Walk through the Arboretum. Enjoy the magical Forest Theatre. Got older kids? See a show at Morehead Planetarium.
- Spence’s Farm for Kids – Located about 15 minutes from UNC Chapel Hill is Spence’s Farm for Kids. The farm is 25 acres of outdoor trails and farmland. Bring your kids to learn about horses, farm animals, gardens and nature.
- Sarah P. Duke Gardens – At the other university, you can enjoy 55 acres of botanic gardens with five miles of paths. There are four distinct gardens: Terrace Gardens, Native Plants, Asiatic Arboretum and the Doris Duke Center Gardens.
- Durham Bulls – The bulls are at home this week. Take your kids to see the minor league baseball team play the Toledo Mud Hens.
- Chapel Hill Parks – Stop by one of our 16 parks located in Orange County.
- Carrboro Parks – Staying in Carrboro? We have eight parks there too.
- Eno River State Park – Take a walk down the nearly 30 miles of trails along the Eno River.
- Pullen Park – Visit the first public park in North Carolina and fifth oldest operating amusement park in the U.S.
- In Chapel Hill
- In Durham
- In Raleigh
- The Little Gym of Durham-Chapel Hill
- Orange County Sportsplex
- Maple View Farm Ice Cream
- Chapel Hill Public Library
- Glazed Expectations
- Ninja Challenge Gym